[magnolia-user] How do I get the DAM/Assets app when running from withing Eclipse?
Blair Robertson (via Magnolia Forums)
2014-10-14 13:53:12 UTC

I am trying to learn the development process for creating websites with Magnolia and have been trying to follow the different parts of the documentation.

I have currently have followed the steps outlined in Starting a CE project with Maven [1] and have a basic Magnolia instance running from within the Servers area of Eclipse.

However this instance seems to be missing the Assets app and the STK app.

How do I add them? I assume that they are just dependencies, but how do I know the correct version number (other than downloading the current standalone MGNL instance and unpacking)? The magnolia-dam asset version is different to the main app version.

thanks

Blair

[1] http://academy.magnolia-cms.com/display/MA/U2+Starting+a+CE+project+with+Maven
--
Context is everything: http://forum.magnolia-cms.com/forum/thread.html?threadId=cdf650d9-64fc-4420-8f5f-e02101ade71d

Matteo Pelucco (via Magnolia Forums)
2014-10-14 14:07:54 UTC
Hi Blair,
have a look at the following links:

https://wiki.magnolia-cms.com/display/WIKI/Module+QuickStart

By the way, the trick is to add the following dependencies to your webapp pom.xml:

[code]<dependency>
<groupId>info.magnolia.bundle</groupId>
<artifactId>magnolia-bundled-webapp</artifactId>
<type>pom</type>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>info.magnolia.bundle</groupId>
<artifactId>magnolia-bundled-webapp</artifactId>
<type>war</type>
</dependency>

<dependency>
<groupId>info.magnolia</groupId>
<artifactId>magnolia-module-standard-templating-kit</artifactId>
</dependency>[/code]

HTH,
Matteo
--
Context is everything: http://forum.magnolia-cms.com/forum/thread.html?threadId=cdf650d9-64fc-4420-8f5f-e02101ade71d

Unger, Richard
2014-10-14 14:13:03 UTC
Hi Blair,

Matteo's tipp is the good one, it will add all the magnolia dependencies from the bundled webapp to your dependency management. You can then just include any module without specifying the version number, and will get the correct version.

If you do want to refer to a specific version, you can check the version numbers either by unpacking a bundle release, or looking in magnolia's release notes, online.

Regards from Vienna,

Richard
cms.com] Im Auftrag von Matteo Pelucco (via Magnolia Forums)
Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2014 16:08
An: Magnolia User List
Betreff: [magnolia-user] Re: How do I get the DAM/Assets app when running
from withing Eclipse?